LSU Shield App
The LSU Shield mobile app is a free tool desinged to improve the safety and security of the LSU Community and is available to everyone—students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Your personal information is not communicated to LSU Police until the user initiates a request for service using one of the many features within the app.
- User completes and saves profile: email, phone #, and create a 4-digit PIN, which stores to the device. Includes unlimited emergency contacts to be selected from the device address book.
- Emergency call: Summon emergency services by phone with the slide of a button.
- File a Report: Submit non-emergency reports, including photo and video; Two-way chat with LSU Police; Submit tips anonymously.
- FriendWatch: Instantly notify emergency contacts of your safety and location utilizing this feature. The safety beacon allows your emergency contacts to monitor your location (only while utilizing this feature).
- Emergency Resources: Numerous resources available in the event of an emergency.
- Campus Transit: TransLoc app
- Request a Safe Transport: Campus Transit runs until midnight seven days a week. If you need a ride and do not feel safe walking, you may contact LSU Police at 225-578-3231 for a safe transport anywhere on campus.
- Campus Parking Lots: Utilize this feature to locate parking lots on the LSU campus.