Signs of Depression
What to look for:
- Hopeless outlook: making comments such as, "The world would be a better place without me", or, "I just don't care about classes or my grades anymore".
- Loss of Interest: missing classes, not completing assignments, calling in sick to work, not hanging out with friends.
- Feeling sad or empty.
- Increased fatigue or lack of sleep.
- More feelings of anxiety.
- Uncontrollable feelings or irritability.
- Changes in appetite: losing weight or gaining weight.
- Talking about death, suicide or self-harm.
- Lack of proper hygiene: not bathing, not brushing hair/teeth.
Not all crisis situations are suicide or harm related. Some are mental breaks, or it may be a person in a psychotic episode.
If you, or someone you know, is experiencing depression, there is help.
As always, call 911 if it is an emergency!