Residence Hall and Apartment Safety
Each hall on the LSU campus is equipped with a swipe card system that enhances the safety and security of the community. A resident must swipe their Tiger Card in order to make entry into the hall. There are several cameras situated throughout each hall as well.
Safety Tips for hall/apartment/residence:
- DO NOT allow someone that you don't know to enter with you.
- Never let unauthorized persons come into your room or enter residence halls.
- If you meet someone online or on social media, use caution with inviting them to your residence. It is better to meet new people with a group of friends or others for your safety.
- Never prop open doors. Never share your Tiger Card.
- Keep your door(s) locked at all times.
- Never leave keys outside of your room or apartment.
- Close blinds/curtains after dark.
- Report suspicious activity to LSU Police immediately by dialing 911!