Focused investments in five key areas, including Disability Services, will elevate the LSU Division of Student Affairs’ proven success in delivering industry-leading students affairs programming for all LSU students.
The office of Disability Services powers success by providing individualized services to ensure that all students have equal access to learn and live at LSU, enabling achievement for students with learning, mental, physical, or psychological disabilities throughout the LSU experience and beyond.
For more information or to make a gift, please reach out to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-578-8607.
- $1 million endowment to enhance the learning experience through resources, services, and facilities that facilitate student success in the classroom
- General and college-specific quality-of-life scholarships, e.g., direct funding for tuition, fee exemptions, accommodation resources, and other disability-related expenses
- Any student with a documented learning, physical, psychological, or other disability that significantly impacts academic pursuits is potentially eligible to receive accommodations.
- Since 2009, Disability Services has experienced a 201-percent increase in the number of students registered for its services, to 2,081.
- In the same time period, the number of exams proctored by Disability Services has increased by 386 percent.
- Interpreting and/or captioning services are provided to deaf and hard of hearing students for classroom and non-classroom university functions at no cost to students.
Learn more about the Division of Student Affairs’ philanthropic priorities.